Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

And so it continues...

...the acceptances, that is, so I am feeling very excited today!!! Jannah from Scrapbook Creations (hi Jannah! :oD) emailed me yesterday and asked me if I'd like to contribute to a feature for the mag, on top of my two other acceptances from them. And For Keeps sent me an email today requesting my "Free" layout for publication. I just want to say a big thank you to all of my special friends who pushed me to submit my work...I would never have done it if it wasn't for your boots up the bum ROFL ;D!!!! I owe you girls so much...thank you from the bottom of my heart {{{{HUGS}}}} xoxo

Well, now I have to sort these layouts etc. out to send in to the mags, so I will be late with getting the doodling hints and tips up on my Studio website up and running...sorry to all of my students!!! Please check back towards the end of the week. And, for those of you having problems accessing the Studio, try clicking this link to it and then adding your username and password. SORRY!!!!

I also am madly working on my Scrap To The Max dt layouts this week. I am really in my element as one of our project themes for the month is doodling...hehe ;D!!

We also have our niece Danyelle arriving by plane from Brisbane. Her and my two littlies don't get to see each other much and Danyelle is going to be staying for a few days while she's on school holidays...the kids are so excited!!! Danyelle is almost 15 and is Mark's sister Debbie's daughter. There's 10 years difference between Mark and Debbie because of his Mum's troubles with carrying babies to term...Mark was very lucky to make it...his Mum and Dad lost 5 babies before he was born due to a septum in her uterus which divided it into two compartments. Mark's Mum and Dad also had a stillborn baby boy at 20wks gestation not long after Mark was born, and that was it for them. Poor buggers. I lost a twin when I was pregnant with Lachie at 6.5wks gestation, and losing one was enough to spiral me into the deepest episode of Depression that I'd had in my 10yr battle with the illness. God only knows how they coped. I think they are still trying to, especially Mark's Mum. Miscarriage is something that you never get over...you just adapt and cope as best you can. I really must scrap about mine.

ANYWAY!!! As you can see, we are very busy here in our little house. The kids are home from daycare today and for the rest of the week, and today we're trying to get things ready for Danyelle...cleaning, tidying, making up Lachie's top bunk, folding washing...Lachie's pretty good at folding too! One of his fave things is to sit on my bed with me and help sort and fold the washing lol...I HATE it so it's very special to have some cheerful chatter from my little mate while I do it :o) I am going to remind him one day when he's a teenager and won't do it of how he used to love helping out when he was 4yo ROFL ;D Oooooh, must scrap that too hehehe...

Well, enough of a ramble...must get going. I will talk to you all very soon :o) Thanks for dropping by everyone...MMMWWWAAAHHH!!!! xoxo

3 Comments:

Blogger Janelle Wind said...

A HUGE congratulations Karen on getting all these acceptances. You must be SO excited!!!! Enjoy the ride my friend and we will look forward to seeing your work in the pages of these magazines very soon.

Enjoy your visitor too. xx nellie

Tuesday, 04 July, 2006  
Blogger Karen said...

Wow Karen... your on a roll girl! Congrats with all the acceptances and offers for your work... your someone with HUGE talent and deserve the recognition your getting!! Have fun with it all in the rush of being so busy!
Have a great time with Danyelle over too...

Thinking of you!
Mwah
Karen
xox

Wednesday, 05 July, 2006  
Blogger Belinda said...

Congrats Karen....your work is so so yummy! Can't wait to see it in print!

Belinda
xx

Wednesday, 05 July, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home